Select Census Data for Gardena
- Median Home Value: $341,900
- Median Year Houses were Built: 1960
- Total Housing Units: 21,765
- Vacant Housing Units: 5.1%
- Owner-occupied: 50.2%
- Renter-occupied: 49.8%
- Population: 59,682
- Median Age: 38.4
- Median Income: $47,856
- Income per Capita: $23,230
Education Level of the Population
- High School Education: 17.5%
- College Education: 12.2%
- Professional Education: 0.6%
- Total Work Force: 30,220
- Number Employed: 89.5%
- Number Unemployed: 10.5%
- Homeowner Vacancy Rate: 0.8%
- Owner-occupied units with a mortgage: 68.1%
- Owner-occupied units without a mortgage: 31.9%
- Rental Vacancy Rate: 4.4%
- Median Gross Rent: $1,137
Information about the city and real estate tools
The Gardena City Council meets on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month. Agendas and staff reports are available here.
The Planning Commission meets on the first and third Tuesday of the month.
Signage Ordinances in Gardena
Single Family Residential Properties:
A. Maximum one sign per property, six square feet; maximum height (if freestanding) five feet.
Multiple-Family Dwellings and Subdivisions of fewer than five lots or units:
A. Maximum one sign per property, twenty square feet; maximum height if freestanding: ten feet;
setback from property line (if freestanding): five feet.
B. Maximum display time – until thirty days after the sale, rental or lease of all the units advertised.
Subdivisions of five or more lots or units, and on commercial and industrial properties:
A. Maximum one sign per property, maximum size: thirty two square feet; maximum height if
freestanding: ten feet; minimum setback from the property line (if freestanding): five feet.
B. Maximum display time – not more than thirty days after all the units have been sold, rented or leased.
News Stories about Gardena