Select Census Data for Manhattan Beach
- Median Home Value: $1,000,001
- Median Year Houses were Built: 1961
- Total Housing Units: 15,750
- Vacant Housing Units: 11.4%
- Owner-occupied: 68.5%
- Renter-occupied: 31.5%
- Population: 35,534
- Median Age: 42.1
- Median Income: $142,071
- Income per Capita: $81,787
Education Level of the Population
- High School Education: 4.8%
- College Education: 30.4%
- Professional Education: 5.8%
- Total Work Force: 18,726
- Number Employed: 94.7%
- Number Unemployed: 5.1%
- Homeowner Vacancy Rate: 0.2%
- Owner-occupied units with a mortgage: 76.6%
- Owner-occupied units without a mortgage: 23.4%
- Rental Vacancy Rate: 5.4%
- Median Gross Rent: $1,987
Information about the city and real estate tools
Manhattan Beach, CA
City Council meets on the first and third Tuesday of the month. Planning Commission meets on the second and fourth Wednesdays of the month.
Signage Ordinances in Manhattan Beach
Real Estate Signs:
A. One (1) unlighted sign on each street frontage, not to exceed six (6) square feet or four feet (4’) in height.
A. One (1) unlighted sign, not to exceed four square feet in area on the site of a project actively under construction for each contractor, architect or engineer. Total signs on a site shall not exceed thirty-two (32) square feet.
Freestanding Directional Signs:
A. May be used to direct traffic to an open house. B. Signs shall be a maximum of four (4) square feet and maybe displayed between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. C. One (1) flag or pennant per sign is permitted.
News Stories about Manhattan Beach