advocacy and public policy
South Bay REALTOR® News in Brief
More Stories in Government Affairs
June 24, 2019
Following a trend from last year, business owners and leaders throughout Los Angeles County have major concerns about the future, especially about homelessness, housing affordability ... read more
June 11, 2019
The South Bay Cities Council of Governments and SBAOR co-hosted last month in Torrance the Housing Forum, a half-day conference digging into tough and controversial questions about the housing crisis, housing availability, housing affordability, and what to do about it. ... read more
May 28, 2019
Two bills in Sacramento discourage the production of rental housing. We need more housing in California, not less! ... read more
May 21, 2019
Urge Your Senator to Oppose Bill that Forces Landlords to Participate in Section 8! C.A.R. OPPOSES SB 329 (Mitchell) because it effectively forces ALL residential ... read more
April 15, 2019
The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors last week extended a temporary rent control ordinance for unincorporated county. Without any collaboration or consultation with housing ... read more
March 15, 2019
In the latest installment of SBAOR's popular series, "Breakfast with the Mayor", REALTORS® in the Beach Cities got a rare opportunity to meet not one ... read more
- Monday Minute: Week of July 13, 2020 July 13, 2020The House and the Senate are in a limited session this week: What issues should REALTORS® follow? Defense/Commerce-Justice-Science/Transportation-HUD Markup; Protecting Homeowners During COVID-19 (NAR to Submit Questions); Oversight of the Small Business Administration and Department of Treasury Pandemic Programs (NAR to Submit Questions).
- NAR Seila Law Case Overview July 10, 2020Mayer Brown law firm partners and legal experts, Holly Bunting and Phil Schulman provide an overview and breakdown of the recent Supreme Court decision.
- NAR Applauds Numerous Championed Provisions in THUD Appropriations Bill July 8, 2020The 2021 fiscal year spending measure invests in fair housing counseling and transportation infrastructure projects.
- Los Angeles City Council
July 15, 2020, 10:00 am
- Hawthorne Planning Commission
July 15, 2020, 6:00 pm
- Torrance Planning Commission
July 15, 2020, 7:00 pm
- Redondo Beach Planning Commission
July 16, 2020, 7:00 pm
- Los Angeles City Council
July 17, 2020, 10:00 am
- Lawndale City Council
July 20, 2020, 6:30 pm
Real Estate in The OC
Looking for info about real estate in Orange County? Check out RealEstateOC.org, the Center for Orange County Real Estate, a blog hosted by our friends at the Orange County Association of REALTORS®.